The Corporate Legal Operations Consortium (“CLOC”), the leading organization dedicated to transforming the business and practice of law, has announced the ten winners of the CLOC Legal Operations Scholarship for 2022/2023. The winners will be recognized at the upcoming annual event, the CLOC Global Institute, taking place May 9-12, 2022 in Las Vegas.
The CLOC Legal Operations Scholarship, now in its seventh year, has awarded over $320,000 in scholarship awards since its inception in 2016.
“We are proud to make this investment in the future of legal operations and help create opportunities for these talented next-generation professionals,” said Mike Haven, president of CLOC’s Board of Directors.
The scholarship awards are applied towards education focused on the business of law. Recipients are chosen from a large pool of applicants by a committee comprised of CLOC Regional Group Leaders. Applicants are evaluated for their academic achievement, extracurricular activities, leadership abilities, academic and personal goals, and an essay summarizing educational goals, legal operations acumen, and future career plans.
Eligible students must be enrolled in a graduate degree (J.D., MBA, or other) program and a have business/metrics-driven focus as it relates to the practice of law or have demonstrated an interest in Legal Operations. Students interested in the business of managing in-house legal department operations and driving the evolution of legal service delivery models were also included in this year’s selections.
CLOC will award each of the ten recipients with a $6,000 scholarship for the 2022/2023 school year. In addition, winners will also receive:
- A one-year membership to CLOC’s member-driven community which will allow them to engage with CLOC members, learn from those who are changing the industry and participate in the educations opportunities that CLOC provides.
- A regional leader mentor in the CLOC community to help guide them throughout the school year, as well as the opportunity to participate in CLOC regional meetings.
- A complimentary all access pass to the 2022 CLOC Global Institute where they can meet and network with legal operations professionals from all around the world.
Congratulations to the CLOC 2022/2023 Scholarship Award Winners:
- Joshua Lustig, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law
- Tessa Cierny, Georgia State University
- Charles McCarthy, University of Richmond
- David Shekman, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law
- Kevin Garcia, University of Puerto Rico Rio Piedras Campus
- Anita Kinney, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law
- Arina Filippenko, Mitchell Hamline School of Law
- Ryan Sim, Harvard Law School
- Jordan Galvin, Indiana University – Bloomington
- Theresa DiCenzo, Campbell Law School
IPS, Reportedtimes, Google News, Financial Content, PR-Wirein, CE, iCN Internal Distribution, Extended Distribution, Legal Newswire, Legal Tech, Technology, Legal Technology, Contract management, English