The demand from satellite end users and manufacturers is high compared to the supply of manufactured launch vehicles. The supply-demand gap is anticipated to increase the number of new entrants in the global medium and heavy-lift launch vehicle market.
BIS Research, the global leader in providing market intelligence on deep technologies, has released its latest study titled Medium and Heavy-Lift Launch Vehicle Market – A Global and Regional Analysis.
According to this study, the market size of the global medium and heavy lift launch vehicles was valued at $6.45 billion in 2021 and is projected to reach $9.75 billion by 2032.
The following factors are responsible for the increase in demand for medium and heavy-lift launch vehicles:
- Increasing government spending on space capabilities
- Steadily growing number of satellite operators in the space industry
- Emergence of a new market segment in the space industry
- Growing demand for dedicated launch services
- Emergence of spaceport-based business model
The detailed study is a compilation of 57 market data tables and 17 figures spread through 149 pages.
Check out the detailed table of content here:
Analyst’s Take on the Market Projection
According to Arunkumar Sampathkumar, Principal Analyst, BIS Research, “The global medium and heavy-lift launch vehicle market is observing an increase in government spending toward launch vehicles subsystem and component manufacturing. A steadily growing number of satellite operators in the space industry is accelerating the global medium and heavy-lift launch vehicle market. Moreover, the launch service industry is experiencing significant changes owing to a shift toward dedicated launch services from the rideshare missions. The growing demand for dedicated launch services also supports the growth of the global medium and heavy-lift launch vehicle market.”
Request a FREE sample of this report here:
Existing Competitive Landscape
The companies that are profiled have been selected based on input gathered from primary experts and analyzing company coverage, product portfolio, and market penetration. Some of the established names in the market are
- Blue Origin, LLC
- China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation (CASC)
- Interorbital System
- Indian Space Research Organization
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Rocket Lab USA, Inc.
- Space Exploration Technologies Corporation
- United Launch Alliance, LLC and more.
Recent Developments in the Global Medium and Heavy-Lift Launch Vehicle Market
- In September 2022, OneWeb and Arianespace signed an agreement following the suspension of the launches. OneWeb and Arianespace are determined to examine future opportunities together, especially on the Ariane 6 Launch Vehicle for the second generation of the constellation.
- In July 2022, NASA awarded SpaceX a $255 million contract to launch the next space telescope, which will study dark energy and exoplanets. The Nancy Grace Roman Space Telescope, which is 2.4 meters in diameter, is slated to be launched in October 2026.
- In September 2021, Arianespace, a subsidiary of ArianeGroup, signed a contract with Skyloom. Arianespace would launch Skyloom’s first geostationary lasercom relay node using a heavy-lift vehicle, Ariane 64.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market During the Forecast Period of 2022 and 2032
In 2021, the contribution of the Asia-Pacific region to the global medium and heavy-lift launch vehicle market was valued at $4.18 billion. The market in the region is expected to increase the most globally by the end of 2032.
According to the study conducted by BIS Research, the market growth is attributed to the presence of China, India, and Japan and the impending need for satellite launches, re-supply missions, space exploration, and plans to build its own space stations. Cost-effective launch service is another major factor contributing to the region’s market growth.
The increasing space budgets of China, India, and Japan are further proliferating the Asia-Pacific medium and heavy-lift launch vehicle market.
Want to learn more about the latest trends in Spacetech industry? Speak to our analysts
Exclusive DeepTech™ MAP Analysis for Aerospace by BIS Research:
Global Small Launch Vehicle (SLV) Market
Sub-Orbital Reusable Vehicle (SRV) Market
Sub-Orbital Transportation and Space Tourism Market
About BIS Research:
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on deep technology and related emerging trends which can disrupt the market dynamics in the near future. We publish more than 200 market intelligence studies annually that focus on several deep technology verticals.
Our strategic market analysis emphasizes on market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.
BIS Research offers syndicate as well as custom studies and expert consultations to firms, providing them with specific and actionable insights on novel technology markets, business models, and competitive landscapes.
Email: [email protected]
BIS Research Inc.
39111 PASEO PADRE PKWY STE 313,
FREMONT CA 94538-1686
Visit our Blog @ https://bisresearch.com/news
Get Expert Insights @ https://community.insightmonk.com
Connect with us on LinkedIn @ https://www.linkedin.com/company/bis-research
Connect with us on [email protected] https://twitter.com/BISResearch
Reportedtimes, Financial Content, Extended Distribution, iCN Internal Distribution, Research Newswire, English