Since the usage of drones is increasing year after year, different global federal agencies have come up with a regulatory framework to keep drone operations under control.
BIS Research, the global leader in providing market intelligence on deep technologies, has released its latest study titled Remote Drone Identification System Market – A Global and Regional Analysis.
According to this study, the market size of the global remote drone identification system (RDIS) was valued at $2.8 million in 2021 and is projected to reach $4 million by 2032.
The following factors are responsible for the increase in demand for remote drone identification system:
- Need for enabling night and overhead operations
- Future regularization of expanded operations
- Growing demand for drones for commercial applications
- Mandatory requirement driving uptake of remote ID systems
The detailed study is a compilation of 64 market data tables and 21 figures spread through 155 pages.
Check out the detailed table of content here:
Analyst’s Take on the Market Projection
According to Arunkumar Sampathkumar, Principal Analyst, BIS Research, “Drone deployment is growing across applications, and the regulatory frameworks are evolving to ensure the safety and efficiency of drone operations. With the ability to detect and track drones being critical in the enforcement of evolving regulations, the integration of remote ID systems is going to be an imminent consequence. Multiple software solution providers are developing capabilities to detect and track drones using remote ID system data. This market is going to enable the expansion of civil airspace management involving multiple government and commercial agencies. With the increasing adoption of drones, the demand for remote ID systems will only grow.”
Request a FREE sample of this report here:
Existing Competitive Landscape
The companies that are profiled have been selected based on input gathered from primary experts and analyzing company coverage, product portfolio, and market penetration. Some of the established names in the market are
- AirMarket Inc.
- Aerobits Sp. z o.o.
- Auterion Ltd.
- Dronetag s.r.o.
- Elsight Ltd.
- FLARM Technology Ltd.
- Unifly nv
- AirMap Inc.
- Aloft Technologies, Inc.
- ANRA Technologies
- DroneShield Ltd
- RelmaTech and more.
Recent Developments in the Global Remote Drone Identification System Market
- In August 2022, INVOLI launched a new generation drone tracker, the LEMAN RemoteID, which allows drone operators to fly safely and according to regulations around the world. In addition, the device complies with the latest regulations and bears the Conformité Européenne (CE)/Federal Communications Commission (FCC) labels.
- In July 2022, AIRmarket Inc. partnered with Petroleum Technology Alliance Canada (PTAC) and successfully conducted a beyond visual line of sight (BVLOS) drone flight with the help of unmanned traffic management (UTM) for the Energy UTM Trials under the Digital Innovation in Clean Energy (DICE) program at the Suncor Fort Hills Mine near Fort McMurray, Alberta.
- In May 2022, Aloft Technologies, Inc. launched a new portal Aloft Geo Portal, which is a free tool to publish ground and airspace rule advisories to the Aloft data network, including B4UFLY. In addition, it fills the gap in integrating the drone and the lack of authoritative sources for local drone ground rules.
- In April 2022, Auterion Ltd. partnered with Elsight Limited to integrate Halo with Skynode due to its lightweight and small form factor, which provides ultra-reliable cellular connectivity across different carrier networks.
- In March 2022, Unifly nv partnered with ORKID for the safe and secure integration of drones in Colombian airspace and successfully conducted BVLOS missions through Unifly’s unmanned traffic management technology.
- In February 2022, Dronetag s.r.o. launched a small and affordable remote ID device, Dronetag Mini, which has a long-lasting battery life of up to 14 hours for all drones.
Broadcast-Based to be the Leading Technology for RDIS Market
The global remote drone identification system broadly runs on two main technologies, namely broadcast-based technology and network-based technology.
According to the study conducted by BIS Research, broadcast-based technology had the highest market share for the remote drone identification system in 2021. In addition to this, the stud also reveals that this technology is going to maintain its dominance during the forecast period of 2022-2032 with an expected growth of 4.2%.
This is because regulatory agencies such as Federal Aviation Administration and European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) have given approval for the use of broadcast-based technology to transmit information about drones to the operators and other government entities. The regulatory bodies have eliminated the use of network-based technology in the latest regulations released by the FAA due to the challenges foreseen in transmitting the information.
Want to learn more about the latest trends in the drone industry? Speak to our analysts
Exclusive DeepTech™ MAP Analysis for Aerospace by BIS Research:
About BIS Research:
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on deep technology and related emerging trends which can disrupt the market dynamics in the near future. We publish more than 200 market intelligence studies annually that focus on several deep technology verticals.
Our strategic market analysis emphasizes on market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.
BIS Research offers syndicate as well as custom studies and expert consultations to firms, providing them with specific and actionable insights on novel technology markets, business models, and competitive landscapes.
Email: [email protected]
BIS Research Inc.
39111 PASEO PADRE PKWY STE 313,
FREMONT CA 94538-1686
Visit our Blog @ https://bisresearch.com/news
Get Expert Insights @ https://community.insightmonk.com
Connect with us on LinkedIn @ https://www.linkedin.com/company/bis-research
Connect with us on Twitter@ https://twitter.com/BISResearch