The global 5G infrastructure market size will reach around $92 billion by 2030, according to a new report by GlobalData Plc. Substantial investments made by communication service providers worldwide in order to enhance data services is likely to drive the market in the coming years. Moreover, the continuous innovation in advanced 5G network equipment and deployment modules is anticipated to lower deployment costs for service providers, which would further stimulate the deployment of 5G infrastructure during the forecast period. Additionally, the rapidly increasing demand for high bandwidth connectivity, which provides an enhanced user experience for several use cases, such as cloud-based AR/VR gaming, HD video meetings, and accessing ultra-high definition (UHD) videos is anticipated to fuel the market growth from 2023 to 2030.
5G Infrastructure Market by End Use Vertical, 2020 – 2030
5G Infrastructure market outlook Report with detailed segment analysis is available with GlobalData Now! Read our free sample
5G Infrastructure Market FAQs
- What was the global 5G Infrastructure market size in 2023?
The 5G Infrastructure market size globally is estimated to be valued at $12.08 billion in 2023.
- What is the 5G Infrastructure market growth rate?
The global 5G Infrastructure market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 33.6% over the forecast period (2023-2030).
- What is the key 5G Infrastructure market driver?
The increased demand for high-speed internet, growing adoption of the Internet of Things (IoT), and increased investment in smart city infrastructure are some of the major factors driving the market growth.
- What are the key 5G Infrastructure market segments?
o Component: Hardware, Software
o Deployment Architecture: Non-Stand Alone (NSA), Stand-Alone (SA)
o Frequency Range: Low-Frequency Bands (FR1), High-Frequency Bands (FR2)
o End-use vertical: Commercial, Residential, Industrial, Government
- Which are the leading 5G Infrastructure companies globally?
The leading 5G Infrastructure companies are Huawei Technologies Co Ltd, Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, Nokia Corporation, ZTE Corp, Samsung Electronics Co Ltd, NEC Corporation, Cisco Systems, Inc., Fujitsu Limited, CommScope Inc., Comba Telecom Systems Holdings Ltd.
Have more queries? Get all your questions answered with our PDF sample
5G Infrastructure Market Dynamics
5G infrastructure has several applications across the residential, commercial, industrial, and government sectors. It is critical to businesses as 5G can enable more personalized, location-based marketing campaigns, using augmented reality (AR) and other interactive technologies to engage customers. It can also enable more immersive customer service experiences, such as virtual reality (VR) support sessions, and more efficient call center operations. Furthermore, massive investments in 5G network deployment by a wide range of industries, including mining, energy and utility, manufacturing, automobile, and oil and gas, among others, are expected to expand the market growth.
Learn about the 5G infrastructure market dynamics by viewing report sample right here!
5G Infrastructure Market Report Highlights
- The 5G Infrastructure market is projected to witness a CAGR of 33.6% from 2023 to 2030, reaching a value of $92.0 billion. The increased demand for high-speed internet, growing adoption of the Internet of Things (IoT), and increased investment in smart city infrastructure are some of the major factors driving the market growth.
- Rising investments in deploying a 5G standalone network to provide ultra-reliable low-latency connectivity and increased network capacity for data-intensive applications are estimated to propel the standalone network deployment architecture segment during the forecast period.
- High-Frequency Bands (FR2) or mmWave are gaining popularity as they offer a higher bandwidth enabling faster data transfer rates and low latency, suitable for a variety of applications, including virtual reality, augmented reality, autonomous vehicles, and remote surgery, among others.
- The major 5G infrastructure market players analyzed as part of this report include Huawei Technologies Co Ltd, Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, Nokia Corporation, ZTE Corp, Samsung Electronics Co Ltd, NEC Corporation, Cisco Systems, Inc., Fujitsu Limited, amongst others.
Unlock additional market dynamics impacting the 5G infrastructure market growth by requesting a sample PDF
5G Infrastructure Market Scope
GlobalData Plc has segmented the 5G infrastructure market report by component, frequency range, deployment architecture, end-use verticals, and region:
5G Infrastructure Market – Revenue Opportunity Forecast, by Component, 2020-2030 ($M)
5G Infrastructure Software Market – Revenue Opportunity Forecast, by Frequency Range, 2020-2030 ($M)
- Low-Frequency Bands (FR1)
- High-Frequency Bands (FR2)
5G Infrastructure Software Market – Revenue Opportunity Forecast, by Deployment Architecture, 2020-2030 ($M)
- Non-Stand Alone (NSA)
- Stand-Alone (SA)
5G Infrastructure Software Market – Revenue Opportunity Forecast, by End Use Vertical, 2020-2030 ($M)
5G Infrastructure Software Regional Outlook (Revenue, $M, 2020-2030)
- North America
- The US
- The UK
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Rest of Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- The UAE
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Know more about segment-wise and regional opportunities as you grab our sample report copy
- 5G – Thematic Intelligence
- 5G: Review of 5G technology Readiness and Commercialization
- Private 4G/5G Networks – Industry Deployments & Use Cases and Telco Positioning Strategies
- Telecom Infrastructure Sector Scorecard – Thematic Intelligence
- Americas Fibercos and Towercos Market Dynamics and Opportunities
- Europe Fibercos and Towercos Market Dynamics and Opportunities
GlobalData is a leading provider of data, analytics, and insights on the world’s largest industries. In an increasingly fast-moving, complex, and uncertain world, it has never been harder for organizations and decision-makers to predict and navigate the future. GlobalData’s mission is to help our clients to decode the future and profit from faster, more informed decisions. As a leading information services company, thousands of clients rely on us for trusted, timely, and actionable intelligence. Our solutions are designed to provide a daily edge to professionals within corporations, financial institutions, professional services, and government agencies.