The latest market publication titled Data Center Infrastructure Market Analysis and Forecast by IT Infrastructure, Vertical, Employee Size Band and Region to 2021-2026 has been added to the report store by GlobalData Plc. The data center infrastructure market size will be driven by various factors including the promotion of automation intelligence (AI), automation, enterprise colocation, hyperscale data centers, and software-defined everything.
For more insights on market dynamics, Read Sample Report
The data center value chain comprises four key areas: real estate development, data center infrastructure (DCI), connectivity, and data center services. This report will concentrate on data center infrastructure components and the provision of data center services. The data center infrastructure market is expected to witness hindrances from challenges including environmental concerns, cost factors, security in software-defined architecture, and data center as public utilities.
View the Report Sample for unlocking more challenges.
Data Center Infrastructure Market Segment Highlights
By IT Infrastructure
- Hardware: The hardware segment held the largest data center infrastructure market share in 2021 and is expected to remain the largest segment over the forecast period. The large market share can be attributed to the fact that data center infrastructure requires critical hardware that exchanges and processes data.
- BFSI: Several verticals are making large investments in the data center infrastructure sector. BFSI and the manufacturing sector have identified several use cases, which revolve around customer experience, operations, and optimization, and have been investing in AI for the past few years.
- Consumer Goods
- Information Technology
- Medical Devices
- Transport & Logistics
- Travel & Leisure
Download the Sample Report PDF for the additional segment insights
By Enterprise Size
- Very Large (5000+): The very large (5000+) enterprise size segment held the largest data center infrastructure market size in 2021. The segment will account for the largest share throughout the forecast period.
- Large (1001-4999)
- Medium (251-1000)
- Small (51-250)
- Micro (Less than 50)
- Asia Pacific: Asia Pacific was the largest region accounting for the largest market share followed by North America and Western Europe. The rapid expansion of enterprises in the Asia Pacific region has driven a need for increased regional IT infrastructure.
- North America
- Western Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- South & Central America
- Central & Eastern Europe
Request for Sample Report for more Segment-wise Insights and Regional Opportunities
Data Center Infrastructure Vendor Landscape
The data center infrastructure landscape is an oligopolistic market characterized by few companies controlling a large chunk of the market share. Globally recognized players such as Dell Technologies, HPE, Lenovo, Inspur and IBM, and Cisco Systems Inc, among others. Strategies and business models are still in the early stages of development and are likely to undergo significant transformation as the market for data center infrastructure evolves and matures.
Top Data Center Infrastructure Vendors
- Cisco Systems Inc.: Cisco designs and sells a broad range of technologies and helps integrate platforms across networking, security, collaboration, applications, and the cloud. In June 2021, Cisco announced the integration of its ThousandEyes networking monitoring tool with Cisco Nexus 9000 data center switches and Cisco Catalyst 8000 Edge Series for SD-WAN equipment.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co (HPE): The company is a provider of intelligent solutions and cloud-based services. HPE serves financial institutes, commercial and large enterprise groups, including business and public sector enterprises, SME businesses, service, and telecommunications industries. In March 2022, HPE announced expansion of the HPE GreenLake offerings to include nearly all of the Aruba networking portfolio, a block storage offering, as well as HPE backup and recovery service.
- IBM Corporation:
- Dell Technologies Inc
- Lenovo Group
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd
- Inspur Information
- Vertiv Holdings
Download Sample PDF for Vendor-Specific Offerings and Strategic Initiatives
GlobalData is a leading provider of data, analytics, and insights on the world’s largest industries. As a leading information services company, thousands of clients rely on GlobalData for trusted, timely, and actionable intelligence. Our mission is to help our clientele ranging from professionals within corporations, financial institutions, professional services, and government agencies to decode the future and profit from faster, more informed decisions. Continuously enriching 50+ terabytes of unique data and leveraging the collective expertise of over 2,000 in-house industry analysts, data scientists, and journalists, as well as a global community of industry professionals, we aim to provide decision-makers with timely, actionable insights.